Monday, September 21, 2009

So What's New?

So, you come to the original bad girl's blog.....to read an entry about health? LOL Bear with me.


In late January, I went in for my yearly pap smear (sorry guys, but it's relevant to the story). After checking my happy palace (snicker), the doctor started checking my face, my skin and my hair. She also noticed that I had lost some weight.

She then then asked me a host of other questions. She then said, "Lori, I think you need to get your thyroid tested."


Huh? Why? WTF?


"I think you might have a condition known as hyperthyroidism."
"Huh?"
"You're thyroid gland is overactive. I think."


So I made an appointment with our doctor at North Fulton Family Medical and went in. And he looked over the file my gyno sent over and did a TSH test (and all the blood work and tests, cuz no matter what you go to a doctor for, you get blood work done--got the trots? Blood work. Got herpes? Blood work. Ingrown toenail? Blood work.) A couple of days later, I went in and met with him.


"Dr. Traxton was right. You do have hyperthyroidism."
"How long? Do you know?"
"No way of knowing. Could've been years."


Wow.


So now I get to take medicine for it. The doctor also told me to severly curtail my drinking.


That's right. My bourbon. My precious bourbon.....my precious, wonderful, bourbon. But I knocked my drinking down by roughly 90 percent.


On the flip side, I feel a million times better now. The fatigue is gone, I'm eating better, and I've gained weight back. My hair is thicker. I feel so much better. Of course, knocking off the heavy boozing helps too, I'd guess.


And shockingly, I'm a bit less hyper. I've mellowed out a tad. I like that. I've always been somewhat high strung (shut up) and now I'm a little looser. Not all that much, but enough to notice a difference.

Buccaneer Lori has made an appearance and is venting her wrath on Bucs and Browns fans.

Trent Dilfer is still a douche, of course.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG less hyper???????can that be possible?ok im teasing you .im glad they got it sorted out Lori ! hows life other than that ? havent heard from yall in a while you stuck in reality? pete

Lori said...

I'll remember that when I find your truck, Pete!

Anonymous said...

im in texas come find me !lol dare ya !

Lori said...

You have to come home sometime, Pete....how do you think that cute truck look in pink and lavender? :)